Sunday, January 10, 2021

No, "both sides" are not responsible for the Coup Klux Klan

I have never smeared poop on the walls of Capitol Hall. I have never tased myself to death in the balls. I did not beat to death an officer of the law with a fire extinguisher and call myself the party of Law & Order. I have never brought zip ties and a guillotine to the legislation and done damage and theft I then justified. I never looked at an openly blatant misogynist con man to see God's chosen plan. 

Yet I am a radical for wanting healthcare for all. I am a radical for wanting everyone to be safely sheltered. I am a radical for wanting a living wage for all. I am a radical for wanting the corporations and millionaires and billionaires and trillionaires to pay their fair share of taxes to give back what they have taken from our society. I am a radical because I do not believe the lies that have been spun to encourage warfare and create division here and around the world. I am a radical for wanting to care for the only planet we have. 

Don't "both sides are responsible" gaslight me. I am not responsible for their failure at humanity, for their insurrection, for their white supremacy, for their hatred, for their lies or their fear. Anyone who committed these acts or promoted them or egged them on, to any degree must face full consequences. Their failures rest on them, not "both sides". Enough of trying to lay the blame on those working for others. 

There is no "reaching across the aisle" to people who wave Nazi flags and say the Holocaust wasn't enough. Their logic is not valid or worthy of consideration. Their motivation is fear and hatred. If they want to kill others and do harm, there is no "meeting in the middle". 

To use a phrase they love: "Lock them up". And let's really use the prison system for re-education for once because somehow they learned one whole political party would allow their insurrection. If "this isn't America", one of many countries founded on genocide, slavery, murder, and rape, what the hell is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment